Enjoy moms secret recipe, flavourful & tasty sambar for a classic Indian breakfast & lunch !
- Cook 300 g of vegetable of your choice and keep aside.
- Pressure-cook 3 tbsp. (45g) of toordal in 600ml of water, with few drops cooking oil and pinch of turmeric.
- Grate half a coconut. To the grated coconut add 1 tbsp. (15g) of Avadata Organics Sambar Powder.
- Grind well to make the masala.
- In a vessel boil tamarind extract* with little water and add jaggery (if desired).
- Add cooked dal, vegetables and the ground masala.
- Adjust the water. Add salt to taste. Boil for 8-10 min.
Preparation without Coconut:
- Repeat all the above steps without adding the coconut while preparing the masala.
- Instead, add the sambar powder to the boiling vegetables and dal.
Heat cooking oil, add mustard and curry leaves. Add this to sambar. Serve Hot.
Soak 1 part of tamarind in 5 parts of hot water for 10 min. Use only required quantity for the recipe.
Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and enjoy it with Rice, Dosa or Idli.